Sixty years ago, Leo Fender introduced the Fender Jazzmaster as the top-of-the-line electric guitar. The original ’58 Jazzmaster boasted a revolutionary offset waist, distinctive-sounding pickups, a flexible rhythm/lead circuit and was the first Fender guitar to sport a rosewood fingerboard. An homage to the original prototype of this ground-breaking guitar, the 60th Anniversary ’58 Jazzmaster is your chance to experience this game-changing instrument in its original form.
Featuring an ash body with a lacquer finish, the 60th Anniversary ’58 Jazzmaster is outfitted with a rosewood fingerboard and a tremolo bridge with a lock button. Rhythm and lead circuit controls, along with vintage-correct hardware, offer subtle and flexible tone control. The pair of Pure Vintage ’65 pickups produces a warm, thick and dynamic tone, while a rare combination of black pickup covers and Telecaster® control knobs complete the look Leo Fender envisioned when he created this rival to archtop electrics of the day.
The limited-edition 60th Anniversary ’58 Jazzmaster recreates the bold and distinctive look and feel of Leo’s 1958 prototype. Unapologetically accurate, the 60th Anniversary ’58 Jazzmaster is a true recreation of this inspiring guitar.
Fender LTD 60th Anniversary 58 Jazzmaster Features:
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazzmaster (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up:Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone Control
- Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Tweed with Embroidered 60th Anniversary Logo