Vintage 1962 guitar…this is Instant George Harrison! Also played by U2′s The Edge and easily one of the most iconic Gretsch models, the 6122 Chet Aktins Country Gentleman made its debut in 1957. This one is in great condition and was a part of my own collection for quite some time. I am letting it go… a super guitar! aks me about it! Between 1957 and 1961, the F-holes on the body varied with some examples using simulated painted-on F-holes, some using simulated inlaid plastic F-holes, and others have actual open F-holes. By 1961, the model switched to a double cutaway and most F-holes were of the painted-on variety. Like the Epiphone Casino, this guitar’s reputation was greatly influenced by its association with the Beatles and specifically George Harrison. This one is a 1962 version of the guitar picture is of a similar guitar. pics to follow when guitar is in!
- Year of Production: 1962
- Body Style: Archtop hollowbody, double cutaway
- Wood Composition: Mahogany body, Maple top, Ebony fingerboard
- Finish: walnut stain
- Design Elements: Simulated F-holes, Bigsby tremolo tailpiece, bar bridge, thumbprint inlays
- Compete with original case
- Notable Players: George Harrison, Elvis Presley, The Edge