We ship guitars, amplifiers and other guitar gear worldwide every day. We care about shipping our products and keep them as safe as possible. We provide worldwide shipping with Deutsche Post Group DHL and United Parcel Service UPS.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will my order arrive? Read more about delivery times…
- What do I need to do when I live outside the EU, and the guitar I want to order contains rosewood? Read more about shipment outside the EU…
- Can I come pickup my order at a nearby store? Read more about click & collect…
- What are the differences between different UPS shipping services? Read more here…
- How can I track my order? Read more about tracking your order…
- Are my purchased items insured during shipping? Read more about insured shipping…
- What if my purchased items arrive damaged? Read more about shipping damage…
- What about (potential) import duties? Read more about import duties taxes and charges…
All orders received before 3pm (Central European Time +1) generally leave the same day. We setup and check each guitar personally before they leave. Therefore it can happen that we send out guitars a day after you ordered it.
|EU (DHL or UPS)|
|Belgium||1 day||Ireland||3 days|
|Luxembourg||1 day||Hungary||3 days|
|Germany||1-2 days||Romania||3 days|
|Denmark||2 days||Slovenia||3 days|
|Austria||2 days||Slovakia||3 days|
|Poland||2 days||Norway||3-4 days|
|Switzerland||2 days||Sweden (north)||3-4 days|
|Sweden (south)||2 days||Finland||3-4 days|
|Czech Republic||2 days||Estonia||4 days|
|France||2-3 days||Italy (south)||4 days|
|United Kingdom||2-3 days||Croatia||4 days|
|Spain||2-3 days||Letvia||4 days|
|Italy (north)||2-3 days||Lithuania||4 days|
|USA & Canada||3-5 days||Australia||5-7 days|
|South-America||5-7 days||Africa||5-7 days|
|*times may differ according to specific service|
Shipment of guitars outside the EU, containing rosewood (CITES)
All guitars containing Indian Rosewood (latin: Dalbergia Latifolia) have restrictions as to the export outside the European Union. Many parts of your guitar could contain rosewood: like bridges, headstock overlays and fingerboards. There are two steps we need to take, in order for a correct shipment to your address:
1. Max Guitar requests a CITES export permit
To ship your guitar, Max Guitar will request a CITES export permit for you. Processing takes 2 to 4 weeks. Please consider for this extra delivery time when shipping your guitar.
2. You need to request a CITES import permit
To receive your guitar, you will need to request a CITES import permit at your local authorities. Processing can vary from country to country. Please check your local authorities for detailled information.
Please note that this procedure is the same for any purchase with any dealer outside your own territory/continent. Not following this procedure can lead to not receiving the instrument, or even seizure of the instrument by your local customs. If you have questions or need assistance in this, please email us.
The European Union consists of 28 countries. When ordering from any country not listed here, please consider the above steps.
Click & Collect
Place your order via our website and collect your order easily at your favourite store. You combine the certainty and convenience of online ordering with the advantages of personal assistance at our stores. You can make your payment online, but can also choose to pay at the store. At our stores you can pay with cash, bank card and credit card.
While ordering and choosing “Local Pickup”, please leave a comment in which store you wish to pick up your order. This way we can arrange for your products to be at the right place. With receiving our order confirmation, we will let you know when your order is ready at your preferred store.
Choosing your UPS Service
For shipping costs please add your chosen item in the shopping cart, fill out your name & address, choose a UPS Service, and our checkout will automatically calculate your price. Here a overview of the UPS Services you can choose from.
- UPS Express Plus: next day delivery before 9 a.m. for the most urgent shipments
- UPS Express: next day delivery before 12 p.m. in Europe, 2 to 3 days for worldwide shipment
- UPS Express Saver: next day delivery in Europe, fast worldwide delivery
- UPS Standard: affordable, planned delivery in Europe
- UPS Expedited: affordable, planned delivery outside Europe
When choosing for delivery, you will receive automated email notifications about the details of the shipment. Please check your spambox or contact us if you haven’t received tracking for your shipment.
During checkout at our webshop, as standard option we offer worldwide insured shipment. The costs for this are 1% of your total purchase amount. You can uncheck the insurance option for standard shipment. This way you are insured according to the rules of the shipping method you choose. Please contact us for any additional wishes about insured shipping or signed delivery.
In the unfortunate event of any shipping damage: please contact us immediately! Please keep the original packaging and if possible, provide us with pictures of the damage to the packaging and/or the product(s).
Import Duties, Taxes and Charges
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.