This is the American Elite Stratocaster. Replacing the amazing American Deluxe line the Elite brings back a bunch of features we all know and love as well as some new ones. This is the most innovative Stratocaster that they have made since they first introduced the model in 1954.
Alder Body, Maple compound shape neck to match the compound radius fingerboardneck, Fender have made a lot of changes to the neck. The most visible one is that they have moved the truss rod adjustment to the bottom of the neck. Previously it was at the headstock and was a real pain to adjust once strung. With this new position at the body however you can easily set up the neck absolutely anywhere.
The tremolo and tuners are close to what we had before with the American Deluxe but with minor changes. The rest of the hardware including the pickups and truss rod are fresh and new for the American Elite line.
Generation 4 of the Noiseless pickups fixes all of the complaints pushed at the N3 and delivers the authentic single coil tone everyone was hunting for. Best of all it does that without losing the noiseless nature of the sound. No annoying coil hum or whine just the sound of some great pickups running through your dream rig.
- Series: American Elite
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Compound Back Shape, Modern “C” to “D”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700,710,796), 4-Ply Tortoiseshell (723)
- Pickups: Shawbucker™(Bridge), New 4th Generation Noiseless(Neck+Middle)
- Pickup Switching: S-1 Switch Up: Position 1. Bridge Pickup. Position 2. Bridge/Middle
- Pickup. Position 3. Middle Pickup. Position 4. Middle and Neck
- Pickup. Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Control Knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: New Elite Molded Case
- Fingerboard: Rosewood or Maple, 9.5”-14” Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: Large White Pearloid Dots (Rosewood), Large Black Pearloid Dots (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Special Electronics: Push-Push Passing Lane Switch to Engage Bridge Pickup and
- Bypass Tone Controls
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
- Accessories: Strap Locks, Deluxe Leather Strap, 10 foot cable, Pop-in Trem arm, Adjustment wrenches