We are very proud to present this beauty, an original 1960-1961 ES-335! Built in 1960, delivered in 1961. A legendary tone machine for a huge variety of musicians through music history, from bluesmen like Clapton to great jazzmen and rockers. Exceptional sound, not only thanks to the “good wood”, and the humbuckers, with amazing definition and power. Very easy and comfortable to play, with a 1 11/16’’ nut width and a thin to medium profile neck (not chunky but not the super thin one).
Original Factory Bigsby, The lacquer and everything else on this guitar apart from the pro fret job is original.
The PAF humbuckers are original. the fretboard is fantastic and in excellent condition. It has a pro refret (frets still in very good condition). The guitar is in good condition, not counting the weather checking. It obviously shows minimal dings, very normal for a 58+ year guitar, but it is has been very well looked after.
The sound that comes from this beauty is a true delight. great pickups teaming up with great wood, and this is what you get. The guitar is up to all expectations: looks, condition, originality, sound and price. Don’t miss this great chance of getting a legendary instrument, -very hard to get worldwide and incredibly difficult to find in Europe.
Gibson 1961 ES 335 Cherry Features:
- Model: ES-335
- Color: Cherry Red
- Year: 1961
- Serial: 16876
- Center: Solid maple center block
- Neck: One-piece mahogany neck with extended tenon
- Fretboard: 22-fret, Rosewood
- Pickups: 2 x PAF humbuckers
- Neck profile: medium 60′s profile
- dot neck inlays
- bound neck
- the “Short” Celluloid Pickguard
- super rare factory original Bigsby Tailpiece
- “Tulip” Buttoned Double Ring Single Line Kluson Tuners
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Tailpiece: Lightweight aluminum stopbar
- Bridge: ABR-1 bridge
- Controls: 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, 3-way selector
- Scale: 24-3/4″
- Width at nut: 1-11/16″
- Includes: Probably original case
With its original finish, double PAF’s, electronics, tuners, case etc etc this is just a killer guitar! Pick it up and you’ll understand why this is on every guitar players top 5 instruments of choice.