A 1959 Flying V and TV Model mash-up in stunning, see through TV-Black! Gibson’s famous “TV Model” Les Pauls of the 1950s featured limed mahogany finishes and were popular around the same time as the development of the radical new Flying V. However, the Flying Vs were made of Korina wood, so Gibson never played with anyfinish options…that is until now. Presenting the limited-edition Flying V Mahogany TV series, featuring ‘59-spec construction and appointments and bodies made from solid Mahogany, which is sonically very simliar to Korina. The finish options include classics like TV White and TV Yellow and exciting new TV Black Silver. Get your hands on one of these Gibson Custom masterpieces while they last!
• Series Custom Limited
• Neck Material Solid Mahogany
• Neck Profile Medium C-Shape
• Fingerboard Solid Rosewood
• Scale Length 24.75”, 62.865cm
• Body Material Solid Mahogany
• Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
• Finish Nickel
• Bridge ABR-1
• Tailpiece Chevron String-Thru
• Neck pickup Custombucker
• Bridge pickup Custombucker
• Controls 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 1 500K CTS Tone Pot, Hand-Wired Harness, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
• Finishes available TV Black Gold (pictured), TV White, TV Yellow, TV Black Silver
• Case Black Custom Flying V Hardshell
Gibson built the Flying V with a solid mahogany body that provides the blend of warmth, depth and richness that has made it a favorite with players for more than half a century. The glued-in neck enhances resonance and sustain while the Custom wound Custom humbuckers snarl with warm, fat and deep authority.
So from the tonewoods to the solid set-neck and top-shelf hardware, this handcrafted, American-made guitar is ready to rock!