Vintage Mojo in A Reissue ES-335 – “Anchor Stud” — what does it mean? It means MOJO — vintage mojo. The Gibson Memphis ES-335 Anchor Stud Bigsby Vintage Original Spec (VOS) features a 1950s body shape and aged nickel finish, along with a Bigsby tremolo that has old-school ground-down anchor studs.
The ES-335 Anchor Stud’s mouse ear horns, vintage-style Kluson Double Ring Keystone tuning machines, and hot hide glue neck joint all pay homage to the original’s rock ‘n’ roll swagger, and the weight-relieved maple centerblock provides extra sustain without putting your arm to sleep during a long gig. Employing a three-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back and quarter-sawn Adirondack spruce bracing and mahogany neck, this guitar is built with quality tonewoods for excellent timbre and a balanced voice. You get an aluminum B-7 Bigsby Tremolo, MHS bridge and neck humbuckers, two volumes and two tone controls, and a toggle switch for selecting the right pickup for the job. With a bone nut and rosewood fingerboard with rolled binding, the ES-335 Anchor Stud Bigsby VOS exemplifies the retro rocker with luxury appointments.
Gibson ES-335 Anchor Stud Bigsby LEFT HANDED VOS Antique Pelham Specifications:
- Time machine” reissue of the vintage “anchor stud” ES-335 Gibson with Bigsby tremolo
- Vintage Original Spec from headstock to tremolo
- Retro Double Ring Kluson Keystone tuners with aged pearloid keys
- Yellowed single-ply cream binding looks like it’s been aging for decades
- 2 MHS humbuckers deliver authentic tone and appearance with aged nickel covers
- Old-school toggle pickup selector, 2 tophat Volume knobs, and 2 tophat Tone controls
- Period-correct Bigsby B-7 tremolo with the anchor studs ground down
- 3-play maple/poplar/maple top and back resonate with vintage vibe
- Weight-relieved maple centerblock for great sustain with less weight
- Bone nut is dense, tonally stable, and less likely than plastic to bind strings
- Quartersawn mahogany neck and Adirondack spruce bracing are strong and physically stable
- Rounded “C” neck shape is super-playable and pays homage to the 335′s vintage neck carve