The Gibson 335 is one of the true classic designs in the guitar world, revered with legendary status and played by some of the greatest guitar heroes of them all. With the 2016 Memphis 335, Gibson aim to reproduce a historically accurate version of their iconic guitar but with some modern twists to bring it up to date for the guitar player today.
The basis of the 2016 is the same classic construction of the 1958 original with 3-ply maple/poplar/maple back, top and rims plus a maple centre block running the length of the body for sustain and strength. Internally, Gibson has stuck with spruce bracing and this is matched to a mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard with 60s style, small block inlays and low profile frets. The neck dimensions have been altered slightly to offer an improved feel, with more depth at the neck-headstock joint for extra strength. Rolled neck binding increases the comfort still further on a guitar that has always been known for its friendly playability.
Checked and set-up by our accomplished luthiers!
Gibson ES-335 Memphis 2016 HIB Features:
- Body: Classic semi-hollow construction with solid center block
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with small block inlays
- Neck: Redesigned dimensions for improved strength and feel
- Truss rod: Historic truss rod
- Pickups: Burstbucker 1 & 2
- Bridge: ABR-1 with titanium saddles
- Tailpiece: Locking stopbar
- Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer in more accurate vintage colors
- Serial: #60012