More Photos Will Follow Soon!
They become rarer by the day and more loved by the hour. There is something very special and iconic about an original Les Paul and this 1957 Junior is no exception! Known for its raw and growling sound that can only be produced by a mahogany body in combination with a P90, this guitar represents the pinnacle of sonic desirability!
Starting in 1954, Gibson offered players a simple, affordable take on the Les Paul dubbed the Les Paul Junior. These bare-bones solidbodies featured one dog-eared P-90 pickup, a stud-mounted bridge, an unbound Rosewood fingerboard, and slab Mahogany body. 1957 is generally regarded as the most desirable year, because of the medium neck profile which plays very comfortably.
As with most true “Player” guitars, especially the vintage ones, the original tuners and bridge have been replaced.
Checked and set-up by our accomplished luthiers!
Gibson Les Paul Junior 1957 Sunburst Features:
- Body Style: Single cutaway solidbody
- Wood Composition: Mahogany body, Mahogany neck, Rosewood fingerboard
- Design Elements: One dog-eared P-90 pickup, tone and volume control knobs, stud-mounted bridge, unbound neck
- Finish Specifications: Sunburst was the original finish for the Les Paul Junior
- Notable Players: John Lennon, Billie Joe Armstrong, Johnny Thunders