This top number #15 is an extreme flamed top which is extraordinary but very interesting. we advise to use a light colour on this top!
In 2019 we celebrate Max Guitar’s 15th anniversary with a limited run of 15 Gibson 1959 les Pauls with exquisite AAAA maple tops. 15 guitars in three colours…Choose YOURS!:
- Green Lemon Burst,
- Slow Fade Iced Tea,
- Dutchburst Darkburst.
So five pieces if each color. they will all be light weight and each guitar comes with:
- selected lightweight Mahogany backs,
- AAAA flamed tops,
- all hide glue joints,
- Bolivian rosewood boards,
- super thin Cellulose finishes,
- a special Max Guitar Serial number,
- a 15th anniversary truss rod cover,
- a special anniversary booklet,
- a special anniversary guitar strap
- Max Guitar 15th anniversary T shirt.
- The Gibson diamond 60th anniversary backplate.
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE TOP!
We have selected 15 AAAA flamed, quilted and burl tops! They are all listed on our website. You can select your favorite top and we will reserve the guitar for you. a € 1000 downpayment is required. (go to: http://bit.ly/2SupcCL) The 15 guitars wil, be produced in the spring 2019 and customers who order before end of March 2019 can choose their favorite color. we will recommend a certain color with a certain top, but we are free to change these colors to one of the other two before the end of March.
THE 1959 LES PAUL!
No specific Gibson model carries more intrigue and gravitas than the 1959 Les Paul Standard. It wasn’t a successful model when it was released (under 650 were made) but before long it was adopted by some of the world’s greatest guitarists — Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, and Billy Gibbons, to name a few.
The instrument was simply enchanting, from its beautiful figured maple top to its extreme sonic versatility. “It has a deep, powerful sound and you can use it to imitate just about anything – violin, sax, cello, even a sitar,” says Jeff Beck.
All these reasons and more made the 1959 Les Paul Standard the most coveted and legendary guitar on the planet. Gibson Custom Shop’s 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard is not just a tribute to the priceless original models — it’s a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail. It represents the culmination of yearly advancements to accuracy and authenticity since Gibson Custom Shop began examining vintage Les Pauls over twenty years ago.
Gibson Max Guitar 15th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul AAAA flametop Features:
- Top Material: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Binding Style: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic ’59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75″ / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Bolivian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.69″ / 42.85mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.24″ / 56.89mm
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pick Guard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switch Washer: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Included Accessories: 60th Anniversary Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), 60th Anniversary Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags