At first glance, the Joe Satriani JVM 100w head looks very similar to the JVM410HTM, but listen a little closer.
If it is a classic clean tone you require then this amp delivers, we have based the clean channel on the 30th anniversary 6100 when in green mode, with the orange and red modes being hotter variations of that. If you’d rather crunchier and more overdriven tones then the crunch and overdrive channels will suit. The overdrive channels are voice matched for smoother transition between modes.
After much experimentation, discussion and playing with prototypes, the channels and modes have been re-voiced to Joe’s exact specifications making it perfect for playing on stage and sounding like Joe Satriani.
Marshall JVM410HJS Joe Satriani Signature Head and 4×12 Cab Features:
- Modified version of the classic JVM410 amp voiced to Joe Satriani’s tonal specifications
- 4 noise gates help you dial in a defined tone on every channel
- Clean channel is the same design found in the Marshall LM6100
- Orange crunch channel is the same design found in the Marshall JCM800 (2203)
- Red crunch channel is similar to the Marshall AFD100 in AFD mode
- Overdrive channels sound more dynamic and open, thanks to a re-designed power supply
- Mid-shift control on OD 1 and OD 2 shifts the midrange focus for extra tonal versatility
- 12AX7 preamp tubes and EL34 power tubes
- Footswitch included
- MIDI input for configurable switching and control